In stock -- ships within 48 hours. Matched Pairs Available.
This is the highly regarded PEQ500A Equalizer. This is JLM's take on the famous Pultec EQP-1A, but with a boatload of enhancements including 8 additional low frequencies and 5 additional high frequencies. Not only that, but the Hi Frequency section can be switched between shelving and a bell curve.
With beautiful tone shaping abilities, these are brilliant for tracking, mixing, and mix buss duties.
We've been waiting to get these for years, and it's been worth the wait!
- PEQ500A KIT is a full Pultec EQP-1A & EQP-1R type passive EQ circuit combined but with 8 extra low frequencies and 5 extra high frequencies. The BW (bandwidth) control for the high boost bell curve can go twice as wide as a normal Pultec and it can also do one thing I have never seen on any other Pultec or clone do. Pushing on the BW control will switch the high boost to a shelf with the BW control still varying the slope going into the shelf.
- The New A version has updated front panel graphics and uses expensive C0G caps for all audio caps for an extremely stable long-life EQ.
- Pairs of PEQ500A kits are shipped with hand-matched inductors, pots, and transformers for precision stereo matching.
- EQ In / out toggle switch with blue LED
- Electronic Balanced discrete opamp input to allow for large input levels.
- High Cut shelf from 0 to -16dB switchable to 5kHz, 10kHz, 20kHz.
- High Boost bell / shelf with variable BW / Slope from 0 to +16dB switchable 1kHz, 1k5kHz, 2kHz, 3kHz, 4kHz, 5kHz, 8kHz, 10kHz, 12kHz, 16kHz, 20kHz, 25kHz.
- Push on BW control switches from high boost bell to shelf with orange LED lit when in shelf mode
- Low Cut shelf from 0 to -16dB switchable 10Hz, 20Hz, 30Hz, 40Hz, 60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, 160Hz, 200Hz, 240Hz, 300Hz.
- Low Boost shelf from 0 to +16dB switchable 10Hz, 20Hz, 30Hz, 40Hz, 60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, 160Hz, 200Hz, 240Hz, 300Hz.
- Large JLM111PCB output transformer.
API 500 +/-16v compatible edge connector.